If you’re not already using Xero then prepare to be wowed! This revolutionary online accounting software can transform the way you manage your small business finances.
Archimedia is a certified Xero accountant
Archimedia Accounts is proud to be a certified Xero accountant and we are experts when it comes to this game-changing, cloud accounting software.
There are so many reasons to choose Xero as your accounting software. It is easy to use as well as being accessible on any device, anywhere you are. It’s also completely live, so you can be confident that you have an accurate, up-to-date view of your finances at any given time.
Xero can help the running of your business by handling VAT, payroll, bookkeeping, CIS and cash flow. It can also help you keep on top of which customers owe you money, which suppliers you owe money to, and estimate how much tax you’re likely to pay at the end of the year.
If you’re ready to switch to Xero accountants, then please get in touch with us for more information about how to get started.
What is Xero cloud accounting software?
Simply put, cloud accounting software stores your financial information remotely rather than on your laptop or computer, the benefits being:
- all your business accounting information is backed up onto the cloud
- you and your accountant can access it from anywhere on any device
- you can be assured of version control as it is completely live information
- it can work alongside your other business software
Xero for Making Tax Digital
Xero is MTD ready, so users can enjoy peace of mind that they are fully compliant. It is HMRC approved for VAT and income tax returns (the latter of which comes into effect in 2026 for some sole traders). Using Xero, you can submit your VAT and income tax returns to HMRC automatically, making the whole process a lot more pain-free.
Xero for small businesses
If your small business doesn’t already use Xero accounting then take the plunge, you won’t regret it! In our opinion, Xero is superior to other accounting programs in many respects.
If you’re currently doing the bookkeeping yourself then you’ll save all this time because as your Xero accountant, we will take this on. You can then pump this time back into your small business.
If your accountants already do your bookkeeping, then we highly recommend moving to cloud based software like Xero. You have already invested in bookkeeping services, after all, so you may as well use Xero to ensure it’s 100% up-to-date and accessible to you both at all times.
Xero is one of the best and most powerful tools for small businesses to have come along in recent years. There are small business Xero packages available that only Xero certified accountants have access to, so please get in touch with us to register your interest.
Xero for sole traders
Sole traders can benefit hugely from Xero accounting software. Typically, sole traders tend to have less up-to-date accounting information than limited companies due to the smaller nature of the operation, but that needn’t be the case.
By switching to Xero accountants you’ll have a clearer view of your profit and outstanding payments each month, along with more professional invoicing software. You will also be able to plan for your tax bill so that you are more prepared for your annual income tax return.
Xero for limited companies
Around 95% of our limited company clients use Xero because it’s compliant with MTD (Making Tax Digital) for VAT, cloud based, presents a professional image, and keeps accounting information up to date.
If you choose us as your Xero Accountants, we will perform all our accounting services for your business in Xero. All you need to do is ensure you’re using our invoice gathering software (Dext) and every 3 months simply update the bank feed in Xero. You can choose to send invoices to your customers yourself using Xero, if you wish.
We then do the rest! We make sure all your financial information is up to date so you can see your business profit and remain compliant with HMRC and Companies House.
Using Xero, we conduct a tax review with our limited company clients every three months, with the aim of helping them to save as much tax as possible.
Why use Xero accounting software?
If you are seeking to make your accounts more streamlined, professional, up-to-date and accurate, our advice is to switch to Xero. 95% of our small business clients use Xero, and here are the reasons why:
1. Xero is time saving, simple and accurate
- Xero connects to your bank accounts so all your information is automatically transferred, meaning you don’t have to scurry around for bank statements every month. Most UK bank accounts and credit card accounts connect to Xero.
- Xero accountants use software like Dext which makes invoicing simple.
- Xero is by far the most “connected” of all accounting software, meaning it is the most likely to connect to your other business software, e.g. you can connect a shop till to feed all sales data straight into Xero so that you can track weekly profit. Connecting other software to your Xero accounting software is a great way to automate your business systems to save time and gain insight.
- If you have staff that incur expenses on behalf of the business, Xero can connect to expense management software and credit card apps. Once your Xero accountants have set this up, it’s so easy to manage. Essentially, your staff use the card and all these purchases appear in Xero as business expenses. You can then set staff spending limits and approve spending above certain amounts. This eliminates the need for expense reports and spreadsheets.
2. Xero is professional
- In our experience, Xero makes businesses far more valuable to potential buyers because it gives the appearance of a more digital business, especially if your information is up to date and you have other apps connected to it.
- We’ve also found business bank managers are far more likely to give loans to businesses using online accounting. Xero is a sign that you are serious about knowing your numbers, and one that is much more likely to succeed.
3. Xero is cost-effective
- Xero accountants use the information to help you plan for your tax bill and actively identify ways to save tax.
- Xero is great for cash flow; whether you’re a small business needing simple cash flow information each month or a larger business needing separate cash flow software to connect to Xero, it can handle it all.
What are the functions of Xero?
Xero is comprehensive software with many functions that can be customised to fit your particular business needs. Here are some of the functions you can expect.
- Cash flow monitoring
- View all your bank accounts and credit card statements
- Reconcile your bank accounts
- Monitor outstanding invoices
- Keep track of your sales
- Keep track of your spending
- Pay bills
- Raise invoices
- Calculate tax and VAT
- Manage expense claims
- Run payroll
- Manage inventory
- Produce financial reports to aid strategic decisions
Why work with Archimedia Accounts?
Archimedia Accounts is a dynamic family business serving Nottingham-based businesses. We are not only skilled accountants, we are experienced entrepreneurs, and like nothing more than helping other small businesses to thrive.
We are a proactive team, meaning that we go beyond keeping your accounts compliant. We will actively look for ways to save your business money, by conducting regular tax reviews.
We believe in a personal approach and will take great care to understand your business and ambitions. Our primary focus is your wealth and how to protect and grow it.
Contact Archimedia Accounts about Xero accounting today!
Archimedia Accounts provides accounting services to many small businesses in the Nottingham area, 95% of whom use Xero – and they love it! We are certified Xero Partners and, therefore, are best placed to help you implement this groundbreaking software.
As well as being a Xero accountant, we are also tax specialists and help our clients to save tax EVERY year. Each of our clients has a dedicated tax accountant and bookkeeper, and all your data is managed in Xero.
To find out more about our accounting services and to book a FREE consultation with us, please fill in our online enquiry form or pick up the phone. We look forward to hearing from you.